Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on those links, I may earn a small commission for your purchase at no additional cost to you. I always post my honest opinion and only share affiliate links to or suggest products I trust.
Paul and I recently got the opportunity to stay at Elizabeth Pointe Oceanfront Inn and Suites in Amelia Island, Florida! Disclaimer: While we truly love Elizabeth Pointe and have stayed there before (we were married there!), we received our stay in exchange for coverage on our blog. The opinions, however, are our own, namely: Elizabeth Pointe is one of the best places to stay on the beach in Northeast Florida!
Check out the video we made of our stay, which includes a room tour, and read on for more info!
Elizabeth Pointe is a beautiful, seaside, Cape Cod-style hotel located directly on the Atlantic Ocean. The rooms and all the facilities have beautiful views of the water. Paul and I love seeing the ocean, or any body of water, really! Elizabeth Pointe is perfect for us because we can sit up on our sand-free porch with a perfect view of the water and beachgoers without having to get sandy ourselves! If you’re looking for a place to get in the water, though, this is a great choice. The beach is not overly crowded and you can sit on the shore in a lounger and chill out under a beach umbrella. We have visited several beach or pool resorts, and they all charge $30 or more (sometimes per hour!!!) for those features, but Elizabeth Pointe includes all of that for free!
Elizabeth Pointe is on the beach and only about two miles from the downtown area of Fernandina Beach. That means that restaurants, shops, entertainment, boat tours, history tours, and all kinds of events, including the famous Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival, is right down the street. The hotel is also right around the corner (literally) from Fort Clinch State Park, a popular Civil War Fort right on the water! So while there is plenty to do without leaving the property, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner, a happy hour, and the beach, there is plenty nearby to enjoy while you’re visiting!
Elizabeth Pointe makes an excellent place to get away and feel catered to!
- Free beach amenities
- The rooms at Elizabeth Pointe are well-appointed, with generous bathtubs that just beg for bubbles, clean crisp linens, gorgeous views, seating areas, storage, comfy beds, and air conditioners. The decor is tastefully done and feels refined, and matches the calming hues outside with blues, greens, and whites that evoke a beachside cottage feeling.
- A delicious breakfast! Breakfast offerings when we were at Elizabeth Pointe included bagels and lox, eggs benedict, bacon and sausage, hot oatmeal and cold cereals, yogurt and fruit, coffee and hot tea, and you could order eggs prepared a variety of ways or get an omelet made to order!
- Lunch and dinner are offered on-site so you don’t have to leave if you don’t want to!
- Happy hour is included with your room stay and is generally served from 6:30-7. Free drinks (beer and wine) and appetizers are included! Plus you get to sit and chat with the other guests and take in the beautiful view!
- The lounge area includes many comfortable couches and a fireplace, perfect for curling up with a cup of coffee or tea. They have books on the shelves that you can borrow and board games to play.
- Elizabeth Pointe offers additional packages, including champagne on arrival and some very delicious chocolate-covered strawberries. Trust me, I tried them!
- The porch: Ahh, the porch at Elizabeth Pointe. This is where you can while away the time taking in the sea breeze and listening to the ocean waves. Favorite pastimes on the porch include reading, drinking (cold beverages in the afternoon and warm ones in the morning), snacking, chatting, staring at the view, napping, and just generally being calm and still.
- You can get your free breakfast delivered to your room via room service, and you can also order lunch and dinner to be taken in the room. I love that the included breakfast has the room service option at no additional cost! The prices for lunch and dinner are extremely reasonable, so you can indulge in delivery without feeling guilty!
As I mentioned earlier, Paul and I got married at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge right out on their porch. They were so accommodating and made our day extra special. The weather at Elizabeth Pointe also seems magically perfect, and our day was no exception!
We hope you consider Elizabeth Pointe for your next vacation! You won’t be disappointed!
Thanks for reading! You can sign-up for our newsletter here, or join our Facebook group, follow our Twitter, and check us out on Instagram! If you have any travel-related questions you can Ask LaurenGlobe here!